As a Holistic Nutritionist I try to make healthy choices with all my meals, but I still want to have my cake and eat it too!! Well now you can have this treat guilt-free and gluten free. A great thing about this recipe is that the measurements don’t have to be exact, so don’t worry about fussing over whether you have added too much chocolate or not enough coconut oil. You can experiment and create a masterpiece of your own.
- 200g organic dark chocolate (or 1 cup chocolate chips)
- 3/4 cup organic virgin coconut oil
- 3/4 cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 4 large organic eggs
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder
- 1/2 cup cacao nibs (or mini chocolate cups) *optional
- Pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Melt the coconut oil and chocolate in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Transfer the melted coconut oil and chocolate into a mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and stir until mixed with a wooden spoon. Allow the mixture to cool.
- Add the egg one at a time, mixing well. If using egg substitute you may add all at once, mixing thoroughly.
- Stir in the flour, chili, cayenne, salt and mix well.
- Lightly grease mini muffin tin with coconut oil and pour mixture into pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes. The top should be set but inside should sill be soft and moist.
- Allow mini bites to cool before removing from pan, then transfer on to wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve at room temperature. Store in airtight container and refrigerate. Remove from fridge an hour before serving. They can also be frozen for up to one month, but they won’t last that long!
This recipe is from my friend Jesse’s cookbook called Healthy Dairy Free Desserts.
Healthy Dairy Free Desserts contains over 30 holistically delicious dessert recipes (with stunning images) that you can enjoy guilt-free! All of the unique recipes are nutritionist approved, made with whole food ingredients and do not contain any soy, dairy, white flour or processed sugar. Jesse Lane Wellness Cookbook: Healthy Dairy Free Desserts also contains a guide to healthy baking substitutes and alternative sugars, so you can learn how to turn your family favourites into healthy desserts.
Sounds pretty great right!?
For only $7.99, you receive:
- Over 30 unique dairy free dessert recipes created by Holistic Nutritionists
- A delicious cookbook with colorful, vibrant pictures for every recipe
- Tips on when to enjoying dessert
- Guide to sugar alternatives – what they are and how to use them
- Guide to healthy baking substitutes
- 49 full-colour pages of deliciousness
Buy your copy of Jesse Lane Wellness Cookbook Healthy Dairy Free Desserts for less than the price of two fancy gluten-free cupcakes by following this link.
Here is what people are saying about the book:
It is hard to find healthy desserts so this book was a lifesaver! So many good choices to keep my sweet tooth happy and no guilt involved! – Sharon Otness
Purchase your copy today and enjoy delicious dairy free desserts guilt-free.