Thinking about popcorn brings back incredibly fond memories. When I was a kid and my parents went away for a week or two, my grandparents would come and stay with my brother and I. We always looked forward to this special time with our grandparents and of course the super fun movie nights filled with cuddles on the couch, funny movies, and POPCORN!!
There is definitely something very comforting about snacking on popcorn and watching a movie. My grandfather always made our popcorn with an air popper and then poured a bit of melted butter on top with a sprinkle of salt. Three simple ingredients. If you have ever read the terrifying ingredient list of microwave popcorn or movie theatre popcorn you will know that those alternatives are a far cry from anything remotely healthy.
I wanted to put together a video to demonstrate how to make popcorn. Not just any popcorn. This one is healthy and delicious. It’s the recipe Steve and I use when snuggling on the couch for movie nights at our house. This healthy popcorn recipe is definitely one that you can feel good about eating yourself and feeding to your family. Plus, as a bonus, it’s super quick and simple to make. Enjoy!
- Organic popcorn kernels (enough to make one batch - this will depend on your popcorn machine)
- Drizzle of oil (possible oils to use: flax oil, Udo's blend, camelina oil)
- NOTE: My favorite oil is the roasted garlic and chili flavored camelina oil.
- 1-2 pinches of Celtic sea salt
- Pop the corn kernels in an air popper using the directions provided with the machine.
- Drizzle with oil of choice (I usually use 1-2 tbsp) and toss with hands (or put in bag and shake vigorously).
- Sprinkle with Celtic sea salt and toss one more time.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Enjoy it at home for movie night or put it into a bag and sneak it into the theatre for a healthy alternative.
What are your favorite popcorn toppings? Let me know in the comment section below. I love hearing from you.