Grass fed beef has become a rare commodity, not often found in a grocery store. Aside from its far superior taste to the large commercial farmed beef, the health benefits are far reaching. Organic grass fed beef is not fed corn or soy products which are almost always GMO. Genetically Modified Organisms (corn and soy) have not been properly tested on humans and several studies have shown there is reason to question the safety of us eating them, or what we eat that eats them!
Organic grass fed beef is also free of routine antibiotics, hormone therapy, and the animals are typically raised more humanely. Antibiotics and hormones that we can absorb through contaminated meat can wreak havoc on our systems.
Please enjoy this wonderful meatball soup recipe of mine using organic, grass fed, humanely raised, hormone and antibiotic free ground beef!
- 5 cups beef stock (made from organic beef bones boiled in 6-8 cups water for 12 hours)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp chick pea flour
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 baby bok choy, chopped
- 3-4 large kale leaves, chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ cup frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbamare spice to taste
- 1-2 tsp tamari
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- ½ - 1 tsp oregano
- In a large bowl, mix ground meat, egg and chick pea flour.
- Roll into very small balls and cook in a pan on medium heat until cooked through.
- Add all ingredients except peas and stock and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Add peas and stock and simmer for another 30 minutes.