This wonderful maple salmon recipe is fantastic because it suits any kind of weather and can be cooked on the BBQ or in the oven. I am a huge fan of salmon! One of the main reasons I love it so much is because it is high in Omega 3 fatty acids, which means it is incredibly supportive for our brain. In addition, Omega 3 can help aid cognitive function, increase attention/focus, improve memory function, support the cardiovascular system, reduce inflammation in the joints, and even help stabilize our emotions. Bonus!
With all those incredible benefits, this maple salmon recipe packs a powerful nutritious punch! Give it a try for dinner tonight. I know you are going to absolutely love it.
When buying salmon, look for wild caught salmon to avoid toxins in farm raised fish.
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp gluten free tamari
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 tsp Celtic or Himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pound salmon
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, tamari, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon in a shallow glass baking dish and coat with the maple syrup mixture. Cover the dish and marinate salmon in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake salmon uncovered for 20 minutes, or until easily flaked with a fork. Alternatively you could cook the salmon on a cedar plank on the BBQ.
- Add a side salad and some steamed vegetables and you have a super nutrient packed meal!