There is something about cookies during the holidays that always brings a smile to my face 🙂 The problem is that most cookie recipes are made with white flour, white sugar, and sometimes other unhealthy ingredients like margarine or shortening. What’s a girl to do when she wants the treat of a delicious cookie that is guilt-free and super-duper delicious! Enter…. my AMAZING Holiday Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies!
I love these cookies because they are so easy to make, they are wheat-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, and FULL of awesomeness! They get their yummy sweet flavour from the mashed banana and the local maple syrup. They get their gluten-free dough consistency from brown rice flour and rolled oats. Plus they get their fancy holiday flair from the apple juice sweetened cranberries (which I show you can be substitute with many other fan favourites).
Check out the fun video where I get my boogie on, show off my favourite holiday outfit, and have some fun in the kitchen cookin’ up these yummy holiday cookies!
Did you like this video? Let me know about it in the comment section below. Plus let’s spread the word about health this holiday! Click the share/like buttons below to give the people you love this super yummy recipe!
Holiday Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
2 bananas, mashed
¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil
¼ cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup rolled oats (wheat-free)
2/3 cup brown rice flour
¼ tsp of aluminum-free baking soda
½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
Sprinkle of Celtic sea salt
½ dried cranberries (the kind that’s sweetened with apple juice, not sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt coconut oil if it is not liquid.
- In a medium bowl combine bananas, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla.
- In a second medium bowl combine oats, brown rice flour, baking soda, shredded coconut, and sea salt.
- Add wet mixture to dry ingredients and mix until combined evenly. Do not over-stir.
- Fold in dried cranberries.
- Place parchment paper on cookie sheet. Using a small spoon, drop batter and shape into round bite-sized cookies.
- Place them in the oven on the middle rack for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and place cookies on wire rack to cool. Enjoy!
Have a happy holiday!