I’m a big fan of Thai food, but going to restaurants and ordering in can get expensive so I decided to create my own Thai experience. Thai Rice Wraps are much healthier than the ones you order but they still have that delicious peanut sauce that everyone loves. These Thai Rice Wraps with Peanut Sauce make a great portable meal. This recipe is gluten free and calls for tamari, but if you don’t have any tamari you can use regular soya sauce. Thai Rice Wraps With Peanut Sauce make a great portable meal if you don’t slice them in half. If you are a sauce lover like me I would suggest making a double batch of the sauce for dipping.
Thai Rice Wraps With Peanut Sauce
Prep time: 20min
Inactive prep time: 1hr-12hrs
Cook time: 8min
Servings: 4-6 wraps
½ seedless cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
1½ cups bean sprouts
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
12 basil leaves, chopped or torn
12 large mint leaves, chopped or torn
1 Tbsp toasted sesame seeds
2 tsp coconut sugar
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
Salt to taste
- Mix tamari and sesame oil in a bowl. Coat chicken with the mixture and marinate for at least one hour sealed in the fridge.
- While the chicken is marinating, mix cucumber, bean sprouts, carrots, basil, mint and toasted sesame seeds in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl combine coconut sugar, rice vinegar and salt, pour over the veggies and toss to coat.
- Place peanut butter in a small bowl along with the tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, cayenne pepper and peanuts. Mix until smooth.
- Heat frying pan to medium heat and cook chicken and marinade for 6-8min until cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- In bowl of warm/hot water soak the rice wraps one at a time to soften them, as directed on the package. When the rice wrap is malleable, lay flat and pile with chicken, veggies and peanut sauce along the middle. Fold in the sides of the wrap and roll it up. If you are a sauce lover like me, make a double batch of sauce and use it for dipping.
What did you think of this recipe? I’d love to hear your comments! Be sure to share the love and share this recipe so we can all eat healthy and feel fabulous! For step by step pictures and nutritious information about the ingredients used in this recipe, check out Out To Lunch Creations.