Raw Lemon Cheesecake is creamy and luscious with a hint of tart sourness from the lemons. The base is a gluten free mix of almonds and coconut and the silky dairy free filling is made with lemons, cashew butter and sweetened with stevia.
Raw Lemon Cheesecake Recipe
Prep time: 15 min
Chill time: 2hrs
Serving size: 6 personal cheesecakes or 24 mini cheesecakes
Zest from 1 lemon
Juice of 1 lemon, 4 Tbsp at room temperature
1 cup raw cashew butter, at room temperature
1/8 tsp stevia
3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp almond milk, at room temperature
¼ tsp pure vanilla
- Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely ground.
- Transfer to a bowl and mix in the shredded coconut, stevia and salt.
- Add the coconut oil and stir until mixed.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of 6 baking cups or 24 mini baking cups and freeze until the filling is ready.
- In a medium sized bowl, zest one lemon and set aside 2 Tbsp of zest for garnish.
- Place the remaining zest, the juice from the lemon, cashew butter, stevia, coconut oil and almond milk in a food processor and process until just mixed, do not over process.
- Remove the chilled crust from the freezer and evenly divide the lemon filling among the cheesecakes and top with the lemon zest garnish. Place back in the freezer and chill for 2 hours to set.
- Enjoy straight out of the freezer or place the tarts in the fridge for 30min to soften.
What’s your favorite dessert? Let me know in the comment box below. Be sure to share the love and share this recipe so we can all eat healthy and feel fabulous! For step by step pictures and nutritious information about the ingredients used in this recipe, check out Out To Lunch Creations.