Mojito Ice Tea is the perfect summer time drink because it’s refreshing and has almost no calories so you don’t compromise your bikini body! The classic minty lime combination with a hint of sweetness is a perfect way to quench your thirst and cool you down on a hot day. Mojito Ice Tea is really easy to make because it only has 4 ingredients, but you have to plan ahead a little to give the mint tea time to cool.
Mojito Ice Tea
Prep time: 5min
Inactive prep time: 6 hours
Serving size: 8 cups
- Two mint tea bags
- 8 cups of purified water
- 2 limes
- 10 drops liquid stevia *to taste
- Bunch of fresh mint
- Ice cubes
- Boil 7 cups of water and steep 2 bags of mint tea in the hot water. This can be done in a pot on the stove or with a kettle and a large tea pot.
- Remove tea bags after 10min and let the tea cool on the counter for 2 hours.
- Once the tea as cooled, move it to the fridge for another 2 hours.
- Slice rind from ½ a lime and set aside to use as a garnish. Juice 1½ limes and pour the juice into a large pitcher.
- Add one cup of very cold water in to a large pitcher along with the stevia and chilled tea and stir until mixed. Adjust the sweetness as desired by adding additional drops of stevia one at a time.
- Place the pitcher in the fridge for a final 2 hours to chill.
- Add ice cubes and a slice lime and a sprig of mint to each glass before serving.
What did you think of this recipe? What’s your favorite iced drink? Do you drink more hot tea than iced tea? I’d love to hear your comments! Be sure to share the love and share this recipe so we can all eat healthy and feel fabulous! For step by step pictures and nutritious information about the ingredients used in this recipe, check out Out To Lunch Creations.