These chicken lettuce wraps are a great way to enjoy a chicken salad in a wrap! Using lettuce leaves to wrap up the chicken mixture is a great gluten-free way to replace bread. This recipe is a great source of protein and makes a scrumptious lunch!
Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Serving Size: Makes 8 lettuce wraps, serving size is 2 lettuce wraps
Number of Servings: 4
Nutrition Information: Calories: 319.2 Fat: 21.0g Carbohydrates: 14.2g Protein: 19.5g
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 cups cooked grassland chicken, minced into the size of a pea
2/3 cups mushrooms, minced into the size of a pea
1 cup water chestnuts, mined into the size of a pea
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
2 tsp liquid aminos, Tamari or Bragg’s
pink or grey salt and pepper to taste
red pepper flakes
1 oz finely crushed raw cashews
6 leaves of boston lettuce
Halle’s Sweet and Sour Sauce:
- For my sweet and sour sauce, mix together 1/4 cup coconut oil, 2 tsp whole grain mustard, 2 tsp raw honey, and a dash of salt. Heat coconut oil until it just melts, do not allow it to get too hot. Add the mustard and honey and with a fork whisk it until it gels up (about 2 minutes). Put this sauce aside until Step #5.
- In a clean cooking pot, melt 1 tbsp of coconut oil over medium high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add water chestnuts, mushrooms and 2 tsp of liquid amionos and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Add chicken and sweet and sour sauce, stir until heated through (about a minute).
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Take a heaping spoonful of your chicken mixture and put it in the center of a boston lettuce leaf.
- Top with a dash of red pepper flakes and crushed cashews.
- Roll up and enjoy.
What did you think of this recipe? If you loved this recipe, help spread the news and share it with friends, family and coworkers, using the Facebook and Twitter links below. I also have more great healthy recipes and pictures on my site wholelifestylenutrition.com. I would love to hear from you! If you enjoyed this recipe please share a comment – it makes me happy 🙂