I love mayonnaise! When I set out to find a mayonnaise without soy products or canola oil, I quickly became very discouraged. Everything had canola oil in it, or some other unhealthy ingredient in it. So I set out to make my own. After several attempts, I came up with this delicious, creamy mayonnaise that is super easy to make. I use this in many of my dishes! Try it in some egg salad, chicken salad, deviled eggs, or simply on your sandwich. It is that good!
Halle’s Organic Mayonnaise Recipe
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 16 servings
Serving Size: 1 tbsp
Nutritional Information: Calories – 149.2; Fat – 17.2g; Carbohydrates – 0.2g; Protein – 0.2g
- 1/2 cup organic olive oil
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted and cooled)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dried mustard
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- Melt coconut oil and allow to cool.
- Once cooled combine it with the olive oil.
- In a bowl mix together all the ingredients except the oil mixture.
- Use your mixer with a whisk attachment and SLOWLY pour in the oil while mixer is going.
- Start with 1 drop at a time and then increase to a slow steady stream.
- This should take you at least 5 minutes to accomplish.
- Once all the oil is infused, you will have your mayonnaise.
If you loved this recipe, help spread the news and share it with friends, family and coworkers, using the Facebook and Twitter links below. I also have more great healthy recipes and pictures on my site wholelifestylenutrition.com. I would love to hear from you! If you enjoyed this recipe please share a comment – it makes me happy 🙂
Here is a video of me making this mayonnaise. Enjoy!